Pest control and management in the UK is a multi-million pound industry, growing at an average rate of 4% a year. Industry experts expect this to carry on growing for years to come…
- In terms of the domestic market, the quantity of pests has not significantly increased but people are becoming less tolerant of what they see as pest ‘infestations’. As the population increases so does the number of pest issues.
- The number of pubs are closing is on the increase but the rate at which hotels and restaurants are opening, means that the hospitality and food industry is still growing; in terms of the commercial customer, the food service industry is still one of the strongest pest control customers.
- There has been a substantial increase in pest control contract work; commercial clients are demanding high quality service and a high amount of work to be completed, such as regular onsite pest control visits, as part of these contracts. This is also due to tighter government environmental regulations in more and more service sectors.
- At the same time, the cost per technician has also increased
The UK is second only to Sweden in terms of the amount spent per head in keeping pests under control and it looks set to continue; with local authority budgets being squeezed and completely cut, many in-house services will continue to be brought to an end. As a result, the pest control industry is finding themselves taking up the slack.
Would you like to be part of this growing industry?
With no two days the same, and many, many challenges, being a pest controller is about working in a fast-paced, vibrant industry.
Here at SOS Pest Control we are ‘Serious On Standards’ and have been since we started 15 years ago. As a family owned and run firm, we understand the need to not only offer an efficient and responsive pest control service, but one that cares about customers too.
Offer a first class service depends on;
- Qualifications – trained to the RSPH standard, technicians hold as a minimum a Level 2 Award in Pest Control & Management, awarded by the Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH)
- Experience – we know what will work and what won’t though years of experience. We continuously support you to successfully work with people and their pest problems in a wide variety of settings, from the home to various commercial premises.
- Local knowledge – working within the locality, we also know the area well and why some pests are more of a nuisance than others!
- Professional – we are also members of two trade bodies that speaks volumes to commercial customers, the Safe Contractor scheme and HS Direct.
Do you want to grow your own business, escaping the trap of a 9 – 5 job?
Can you work under pressure?
Are you analytical, solving problems that may require solutions you cannot or will not find in a text book?
For as little as £15,000 (+VAT), you can buy your own business in an industry that is continually expanding, and includes…
- Full training including the RSPH ’Pest Control & Management’ course
- Vehicle signage
- A selection of chemicals and treatments to get you started
- 5 Personalised uniforms
- 5 Triplicate invoice pads
- Contract pad
- 150 Business cards
- 1000 job cards
- Dedicated Webpages for your area
- Personal email
- Your own territory
- And full support!
What will you get out of it?
As well as the opportunity and satisfaction of running your own business and the chance to gain professional qualifications, you will enjoy…
- High profit margins in an expanding industry
- Freedom to be your own boss
- Low risk
- Access to biologists and technical support when the pest is not readily identifiable
- Support that keeps you up-to-date with developments in methods, equipment and chemicals used
- Regular income from both one-off assignments as well as the opportunity to service long term contracts
- Flexible working hours that YOU set, part or full time on days that suit you
If you think you have what it takes and would like to know more, we want to hear from you!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the contact us page for more information.