BED BUG TREATMENT KENT
The Bed Bug is found world wide including throughout Britain. Bed Bug infestations are often associated with dirty premises but clean and well run establishments can become infested as they are often introduced by second-hand furniture or on the clothes and luggage of visitors.
Bed Bugs do not live on people but they will hide in cracks and crevices around sleeping areas. In a typical bedroom Bed Bugs may be found in the frame of the bed, in the bedside furniture, seams of nearby curtains, behind electrical sockets and switches, behind loose wallpaper or even in clocks and radios.
To treat for Bed Bugs, a thorough and time consuming approach is essential for good control. Rooms have to be dismantled before treatment can begin. Please have a read of the information below on the steps you should take before treatment takes place.
- Remove all sheets, covers, or any other bedding from the mattresses in all bedrooms. Place in plastic bags to transport to your washing machine. It is important that you do not spread infestation between your rooms which is why transport within sealed bags is important.
- Wash all bed linens in the hottest water possible. Do not replace the bed linens until four hours after treatment.
- If any mattresses or other furniture are in poor or ripped condition and infested, they should be discarded.
- Remove all personal items including clothes, toys, shoes, stored materials, etc., from the furniture and floor area throughout the home.
- Remove everything from ALL closets. Completely empty all bedroom drawers and empty all books and items from bookcases prior to treatment.
- Clean or launder all clothing in the hottest water possible and store in clean storage bags for up to two weeks after treatment. Any stuffed toys or other fabric-based personal items should be run through a pre-heated, hot dryer cycle for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Vacuum all carpeting, bedding, bed frame, backs of pictures, and other areas bedbugs are seen. Immediately empty the vacuum cleaner bag and dispose of it in your external waste bins.
- To give the treatment time to work, do not shampoo or clean floors or carpet for at least three weeks after the treatment. The vacuum may be used as desired.
- Move all items and furniture away from walls. The technician will need access to all baseboards and behind all furniture.
- The bathtub, kitchen counters, dining room tables, and coffee tables can be used to place items during treatment.
- Allow three weeks from time of treatment for it to be completely effective.